Friday, December 17, 2010

Thursday, December 16 -- History, Caves and Monkeying Around

Today I went to three places: Herodium, the Stalactite Caves, and the Monkey Park. Herodium was built by King Herod about 2,000 years ago and, after he died, it was used as a fortress during the Jewish rebellion against the Romans. After we went to Herodium, my Dad and I went to the Stalactite Caves, natural caves that are about 20,000,000 years old with stalactites and stalagmites that are about 6,000,000 years old. I think that's really neat! Our last stop was the Monkey Park, where we looked at monkies of all types and even some peacocks, geese, and goats! For dinner we went to Burger Bar, in the Old City of Jerusalem, with my cousin Joseph, who is learning at Yeshivat HaKotel for one year. The food was great! So far this trip is going great!! It is Friday, and we are off to the "Long Market" which is Mahane Yehuda.

 Happy Blogging, Ilan